hazardlib (the Openquake Hazard Library) is open-source software for performing seismic hazard analysis.
What is hazardlib?¶
hazardlib includes modules for modeling seismic sources (point, area and fault), earthquake ruptures, temporal (e.g. Poissonian) and magnitude occurrence models (e.g. Gutenberg-Richter), magnitude/area scaling relationships, ground motion and intensity prediction equations (i.e. GMPEs and IPEs). Eventually it will offer a number of calculators for hazard curves, stochastic event sets, ground motion fields and disaggregation histograms.
hazardlib aims at becoming an open and comprehensive tool for seismic hazard analysis. The GEM Foundation (http://www.globalquakemodel.org/) supports the development of the library by adding the most recent methodologies adopted by the seismological/seismic hazard communities. Comments, suggestions and criticisms from the community are always very welcome.
Development and support¶
hazardlib is being actively developed by GEM foundation as a part of OpenQuake project (though it doesn’t mean hazardlib depends on OpenQuake). The OpenQuake development infrastructure is used for developing hazardlib: the public repository is available on github: http://github.com/gem/oq-hazardlib. A mailing list is available as well: http://groups.google.com/group/openquake-users. You can also ask for support on IRC channel #openquake on freenode.
hazardlib is licensed under terms of GNU Affero General Public License 3.0, see LICENSE for more details.
- openquake.baselib package
- openquake.baselib.general module
- openquake.baselib.hdf5 module
- openquake.baselib.node module
- openquake.baselib.parallel module
- openquake.baselib.performance module
- openquake.baselib.python3compat module
- openquake.baselib.runtests module
- openquake.baselib.sap module
- openquake.baselib.slots module
- openquake.hazardlib package
- openquake.hazardlib.const module
- openquake.hazardlib.correlation module
- openquake.hazardlib.imt module
- openquake.hazardlib.near_fault module
- openquake.hazardlib.nrml module
- openquake.hazardlib.pmf module
- openquake.hazardlib.probability_map module
- openquake.hazardlib.site module
- openquake.hazardlib.sourceconverter module
- openquake.hazardlib.sourcewriter module
- openquake.hazardlib.stats module
- openquake.hazardlib.tom module
- openquake.hazardlib.valid module